With the Royal Mail having thousands of vehicles out on the road, delivering mail to millions of homes, it is unsurprising that their vehicles clock up considerable mileage. As running costs make up a significant percentage of overheads and having badly aligned vehicles can only escalate this issue further.
With this in mind Royal Mail fleet Aberdeen have taken delivery of their Hofmann Megaplan megaline System 4 laser alignment system. It comes in two options, either wall mounted or on a trolley. At Hofmann Megaplan have many alignment options available, from the very feature driven 3D aligners to this, the most basic laser alignment system. Whilst the system lacks the computerised assistance found on more modern CCD and 3D aligners having a high quality machine and some – but not quality.
Laser alignment was first commercialised in the 1990s, laser wheel alignment is you basic form of alignment. Systems consist of a pair of targets or ‘flags’ mounted to one axle and a pair of laser heads mounted to the other wheels. To find out more about alignment, contact us to arrange a demo by calling 01480 89-10-11
Pros to a LASER alignment system
Need to know:
In short: If this is you first step into alignment and you’re willing to get involved in learning the finer details of alignment this could be for you. It’s reliant on the knowledge of its users and a real passion for alignment. Because it is the most basic, it is typically the cheapest way of getting into alignment.
To find out more about how Hofmann Megaplan can help your business, visit the main Hofmann company website or to arrange a demo please contact our team on 01480 89-10-11
The Garage Blackpool by their own admission:
“are dedicated to providing superior value in all parts installed and services performed. Quality and our desire for excellence are at the heart of this commitment. We use advanced technology and the quality products we offer create a positive car care experience.”
With that in mind, adding alignment to their list of services seemed to be the natural step. Once installed and the training complete on their Hofamnn Megaplan Ecoline 88 system, the ‘The Garage Blackpoool’ were then able to provide their customers with a service that gives an accurate reading of a vehicle’s wheel geometry and solve any issues caused by misalignment.
The Ecoline 88 is a CCD system (Close Coupled Device) and a popular mobile system, consisting of sensors mounted to each wheel. CCD aligner communicates with a PC via Bluetooth and compares the results to a database. The results are easy to see and once the alignment is complete a print off the data can be produced for you customers benefit. They require little specialist knowledge from the workshop as the interaction with the PC talks the technician through the process.
Customer service is key for The Garage Blackpool;
“We strive to develop long-term relationships with customers, to provide the best customer service and the most appropriate solutions for your auto care needs. In addition, we always try to answer your questions and explain our work to you so you feel comfortable every step of the way.”
Customer feedback is key to maintaining their trust and communicating your work. A print out provided after every alignment on the Ecoline 88 provides a helpful colour coded adjustment charts instantly show the problem areas, and where the adjustments were made.
To get you car’s wheel geometry checked in the Blackpool area contact The Garage Balckpool for more information about their services. Their experienced customer service team can help you find just what you need and can advise you on the additional options.
98/100 Dickson Road, Blackpool, Lancashire FY1 2BU
To find out more about how Hofmann Megaplan can help your domestic and commercial vehicle operation, visit the main Hofmann company website or to arrange a demo please contact our team on 01480 89-10-11
The common assumption is if you have a small garage 3D alignment might not be for you. Not true.
If you have a four post lift or a pit, you still can have a 3D alignment system installed.
The latest technology 3-D aligners work with a pair of static cameras mounted in front of, or laterally to the lift. These take multiple images of the targets which fix to the vehicle’s wheels. They are suited to higher-volume users such as fast-fit centres and tyre bays due to their greater speed.
Need to know:
In short: For established or aspiring alignment centres where speed and customer information is the priority. They do require the right amount of space and set up. HD systems will bring the size of the targets down but it is worth checking with your supplier exactly what your requirements are.
Telephone: 01480 8-9-10-11
This year we are attending the CV Show at the NEC, come find us at stand 4E90.
The 2017 Commercial Vehicle Show takes place at the NEC in Birmingham on April 25th – 27th where we will be featuring our incredible Commercial Vehicle equipment.
Please click on the button to register for your free tickets.
Hofmann Megaplan tyre changers which are renowned for their unrivalled build quality, and balancers which are likewise for their versatility and unique features.
If you were unable to attend the CV show this year, but would like to discuss our Truck Tyre Changing equipment please contact our team on 01480 89-10-11
It’s not just cars that need alignment…
… Vans do too
Condercum Fast Track Garage in Newcastle have their new equipment installed into their busy workshop.
Our HMP specialists install all over the UK and this time the Ecoline 88 finds its new home in the North East.
1. Increase Fuel Efficiency. Correct alignment means your commercial vehicle’s wheels are working together and not against each other, so all the engine’s efforts go into propelling the van and its contents forward. Larger pay load emphasize the friction caused by unaligned tyres.
2. Reduce Expensive Repairs and down time on a commercial vehicle. Driving with a bad alignment causes the parts in your van to wear unevenly and prematurely. Each time you hit a pothole with large amounts of weight in back, your steering and suspension “feel it”. When your tyres aren’t evenly helping with the impact, certain areas of these systems take the hit harder than others, causing them to fail sooner. Failure = more downtime and greater cost.
3. Experience Smoother Driving. When your vans’s wheel alignment is not right you will usually notice that your it drifting particularly on long straight roads like motorways, even though your steering wheel is pointing straight ahead.
4. Increase Tyre Life. Tyres are an expensive running cost for a busy Company and for a business it is important to get the most from them.
Find out more about our full range of Wheel Changing machines on the main company website or contact our team on 01480 89-10-11
When you’r a busy repair workshop, being able to put a car back on the road as efficiently as possible is vital to keep the flow of customers happy. Aligning the cars is just one of many jobs that needed to be carried out and with a new Ecoline 88 from Hofmann, M&E Accident Repair Leicester have a mobile, flexible system that can be wheeled around and deliver excellent results.
For garages the ecoline 88 has a simple function, to bridge the gap between laser alignment and fully computerised systems with printout.
The eco line 88 is supplied with a comprehensive vehicle database from recognised industry name, Autodata and offers a before and after printout – showing the customer exactly how much of an alteration is needed to bring the vehicle back to optimum standard.
Scope of supply:
More information here: http://www.hofmann-megaplan.co.uk/products/wheelaligners/ecoline-58.html
Find out more about our Ecoline Wheel Alignment Systems on the main company website or to arrange a demo please contact our team on 01480 89-10-11
About the customer:
Complete customer care, focus, satisfaction, attention to detail. Where providing our customers with total peace of mind is paramount. Vehicle technology has progressed at an alarming rate and your vehicle has to go through quality controlled repair procedures. Accidents do happen and you must ensure you’re repaired by “M&E Accident Repair Centre”.
Beacon hill garage have their new Ssence 400m installed into their workshop.
They only have a pit but still have the room….
Find out more about our 3D Wheel Alignment Systems on the main company website or to arrange a demo please contact our team on 01480 89-10-11
Having your car tyres aligned has a number of key benefits which would ultimately mean you saving on running costs and improving vehicle safety.
Hi-Performance Auto Centre (Sunderland) have just taken delivery and installation of their new Hofmann alignment system installed by one of our specialists. The ecoline 88 complete with ‘GrabClamps’ which mean that the measuring head is mounted with 3 nylon locators on the rim, ensuring there is no metal to metal contact leaving your precious alloys unmarked.
Main reason for wheel alignment;
1. Increase Fuel Efficiency. Correct alignment mean your wheels are working together and not against each other, so all the engine’s efforts go into propelling the car – thus using less fuel. Great as prices keep increasing.
2. Increase Tyre Life. Your tyres are one of the most expensive ongoing costs you’ll experience and with most families running a minimum of two sometimes three vehicles, it is important to get the most from them. For the same reason as above tyres wear better if they are not in conflict with each other.
3. Experience Smoother Driving. When your car’s wheel alignment is not right you will usually notice that your car drifts slightly even though your steering wheel is pointing straight ahead. Constantly adjusting your steering to overcompensate for bad alignment is inefficient, tiring and distracting (or dangerous)
4. Reduce Expensive Repairs on other parts of the car. Driving with a bad alignment causes the parts in your car to wear unevenly and prematurely. Each time you hit a pothole or bump in the road, your steering and suspension “feel it”. When your tyres aren’t evenly helping with the impact, certain areas of these systems take the hit harder than others, causing them to fail sooner. Failure = more cost.
So if the parts on you car, especially the tyres are wearing unnecessarily quickly or you are fighting to keep the car straight the next question should be “where do I get my wheels aligned” – pick an expert who chooses equipment that is right for the job and have had expert training.